[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cisco PIX and m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 09 Mar 2004 08:33:06 +1000
Hi Jean-Francois,

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 02:54, Jean-Francois Theroux wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>    First of all, hello, i'm new to the list. Now let's get down to
> business. I wanted to know if anyone managed to establish a IPSec
> connection between a Cisco PIX and a m0n0wall box?

Nabisco inclused 1DES by default in all their PIX boxen, and this
encryption protocol is about as secure as a tissue paper condom.  They
have an upgrade to 3DES that generally costs a significant amount of
money.  Unless you have this upgrade, you'll not be able to establish an
IPSEC tunnel with your m0n0wall as m0n0wall doesn't support such a joke
of an encryption protocol.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/