[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil Greenway <admin at wenck dot com dot au>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS Issues
 Date:  Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:26:25 +1000
Hi,

I really like M0n0wall ... its nice and easy to use. However, there is just
one issue I'm having with it at present.

I can seem to get it to act like a DNS server or forward the DNS requests of
the workstations.

Workstations (some are static and some are DHCP)

IP: 192.168.10.150
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.10.122 (monowall LAN IP)

DNS Servers: 192.168.10.122

and then on the M0n0wall ...

I put in a DNS server and tick on the DNS Forwarder section.

I'm not sure how to get it to work from here.

The only way, I've been able to get it to work, is to hard code the DNS
servers on the Workstations.

ie. change 192.168.10.122 to 203.2.75.2 (our ISP's DNS)

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Phil Greenway
Systems Administrator
Wenck Group / AFM Insurance Brokers

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this Email message maybe
confidential. It is only intended for the recipient named above. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this Email is
unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this Email in error,
please accept our apology for the inconvenience. Would you please notify the
sender so that arrangements can be made for its retrieval or destruction.
Thank you.