[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Phil Greenway <admin at wenck dot com dot au>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS Issues
 Date:  Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:26:25 +1000

I really like M0n0wall ... its nice and easy to use. However, there is just
one issue I'm having with it at present.

I can seem to get it to act like a DNS server or forward the DNS requests of
the workstations.

Workstations (some are static and some are DHCP)

Gateway: (monowall LAN IP)

DNS Servers:

and then on the M0n0wall ...

I put in a DNS server and tick on the DNS Forwarder section.

I'm not sure how to get it to work from here.

The only way, I've been able to get it to work, is to hard code the DNS
servers on the Workstations.

ie. change to (our ISP's DNS)

Any ideas ?

Phil Greenway
Systems Administrator
Wenck Group / AFM Insurance Brokers

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this Email message maybe
confidential. It is only intended for the recipient named above. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this Email is
unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this Email in error,
please accept our apology for the inconvenience. Would you please notify the
sender so that arrangements can be made for its retrieval or destruction.
Thank you.