[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kim Hartlev" <kam at stofanet dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  HTTP redirect
 Date:  Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:04:10 +0200
Hi,

I don't know if this problem should have been addressed to Microsoft instead
of this list - but I will try to describe it here anyway to see if anyone
has experienced the same problem (and maybe even found a solution).

I use the build in PPTP server on my WLAN interface and I only allow TCP
port 1723 and GRE traffic on the WLAN interface.
For the PPTP clients I restricted the outbound traffic to the following
ports 80, 443, 25, 110, and 53.

My browser (IE 6.0) hangs when I make a HTTP request and receives a redirect
(HTTP/1.1 302). The response comes back just fine (tested with telnet and
tcptrace) but the browser don't seem to pick it up.
I only see this problem when I use the PPTP server in conjunction with the
WLAN interface. If I use the WLAN interface without PPTP IE has no problems
with HTTP redirects.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Kim