[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Federico Krum <federico at thehost dot com dot ar>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Biginner:Multiples WAN IPs
 Date:  Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:24:15 +0200 (CEST)
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Federico Krum wrote:

> 1) Is there a way to make mOnOwall listen to multiple IP over the WAN
> and forward them to stecific IPs over the LAN servers ?

1:1 NAT is probably what you're looking for. Or if they have public IPs,
you can make do without NAT at all (i.e. turn it off).

> 2) I own a rack in a datacenter with 9 servers, eachone with a public
> ip. Im looking for a firewall to protect this 9 CPUs. These servers do
> dns,ftp, http...etc and they have to be able to conect to each other
> throw their host name and not their private IP. For this reason I quit

Connect all of them to a switch, hook up m0n0wall to it, set up the subnet
mask/default gateway on all of your servers correctly, then set up BIND on
one of your servers or use the DNS forwarder in m0n0wall to map host names
to IP addresses... Something like that should do the trick.

- Manuel