[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jukka Tainio <Jukka dot Tainio at Kase dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  M0n0wall and IPSEC with dynamic WAN interface address
 Date:  Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:08:28 +0300
Hi,

I'm about to deploy couple of m0n0walls as endpoints of a VPN -tunnel.

Manuel, have you had any more plans on implementing the support for
dynamic (DHCP) address on WAN interface when using IPSEC.  One of the
VPN endpoints, I'm going to use will be placed on a network that has
only dynamic ip:s available, it would spare me a lot of hassle if the
m0n0wall-vpn would work with dhcp...

A couple of questions
1) How would one set up VPN tunnel with dynamic host on the other end?
What should I use as "Remote gateway" on the static-ip -host? 0.0.0.0? I
understand, that it is only possible to establish connection from the
dynamic host side.

2) Does the m0n0wall have ipsec keepalive? It would be nice to have both
keepalive and autoconnect for the dynamic host. Otherwise people on the
lan of the static endpoint can't communicate to the dynamic endpoint. Or
is it just me getting this all wrong....

Keep up the good work! m0n0wall has by far the easiest setup of VPN
-tunnel, that I've ever seen. :) (Have used netscreen, cisco, zyxel,
etc...)

regards,
--
Jukka Tainio