[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hugo Meiland <hugo at meiland dot nl>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  tech <techniek at lijst dot WirelessLeiden dot NL>
 Subject:  running pptp client/server simultaniously
 Date:  28 Aug 2003 22:23:21 +0200
Hi all,

I had the famous "Address already in use" message while trying to set up
an pptp server, when my adsl connection was using pptp as well.
This is due to the wan pptp connection listening to *.1723 socket. Even
though the wan pptp connection will never answer an incoming message.
As a solution I patched the interfaces.inc file,
	set pptp enable originate outcall
#	set pptp enable originate incoming outcall
new version can be found at :
http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/pcengines/files/interfaces.inc

The original patch to vpn.inc from Manual (set pptp self 127.0.0.1) will
not work in this implementation because of an undocumented feature of
MPD; the pptp self line has to be the second line after 'set link type'
new version of the vpn.inc file at :
http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/pcengines/files/vpn.inc
it this would work pptp would only listen to lo interface, not of much
use :-((

For the people who do not want to do the reading on the great hackers
guide (thanks Rudi!!), make a clean FreeBSD4.8 machine, reconfig the
kernel to support pseudo device vn and fetch and run the following
script:
http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/pcengines/install/install.sh
this will deliver a new image....

It might ruin your installation, so do not run this on a production
system :-))

Enjoy!

Hugo Meiland
volunteer for WirelessLeiden.nl