[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Hugo Meiland <hugo at meiland dot nl>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] running pptp client/server simultaniously
 Date:  Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:31:19 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Hugo Meiland wrote:

> As a solution I patched the interfaces.inc file,
> 	set pptp enable originate outcall
> #	set pptp enable originate incoming outcall

Great - thanks for figuring this out! The next release will include this
patch. I have to add that I really didn't have much motivation and much
less the ability to test with both PPTP client and server because ADSL in
Switzerland uses PPPoE, so no problems there.

> it this would work pptp would only listen to lo interface, not of much
> use :-((

Umm, it should - m0n0wall uses NAT rules for GRE and TCP 1723 to localhost
when the PPTP server is enabled; turns out that this is required to make
it work with some outbound NAT setups (I remember there being a case where
the first incoming packet of a PPTP session (TCP) was not NATed, but the
first outgoing one was, so obviously the session could not be
established).

- Manuel