[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans J King" <kingf1 at cs dot man dot ac dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Building php scripts for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:04:40 +0100
Well, this is how I'm going to do it:

Have a standard PC but with 3 NIC's and two hard disks - one on the
primary master and one on the secondary master.

Do an normal install of freebsd 4.8 on the primary master.
Download an image of m0n0wall modified to work on the secondary master
(ftp://ftp.lin-x-pert.com/pub/m0n0wall) and install it on the secondary
master.

Then you can just mount the m0n0wall disk from normal freebsd, extract
mfsroot.gz and mount it as described in the m0n0wall hackers guide and
take it from there. You might also consider writing shell scripts to
automate that part.

Or of course you could follow the hackers guide and set up a tftp
environment. Either way, you are going to have to keep rebooting
m0n0wall whenever you make any changes.

Regards,

Frans

P.S. it would be neat if you could modify the firmware upload to just
update certain directories. I.e. send it tarball of /usr/local/www and
have it extracted and not need to reboot but I don't know how feasible
that would be.