[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Building php scripts for m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:45:14 -0700
> was thinking of creating some php scripts for
> m0n0wall, and was wondering where to start.
> What is the best way for running a m0n0wall
> "development environment"? I need to make
> quick modifications to scripts, upload them and test it!

You can do a useful amount of PHP development without having a spare FreeBSD
box around at all, and with no reboots required. Its described here:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=1&actionargs[]=48
I used this technique to add the ntp client support (note to myself: finish
the ntp server support already!).

To actually make a distribution once you've done this see:
        hacking solution for kernel wimps (like me)
which you can find in the email archives here:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=1&actionargs[]=46
(Note that I assume Soekris in that post, but likely the PC distro would
work the same way)

Hope this helps!  We'd love to see what you've done. This makes such a great
little AP.

cheers, michael