[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Magne Andreassen" <magne dot andreassen at bluezone dot no>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Remote syslog'ing on m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:18:08 +0200
hi,

seems to be a problem with remote syslog'ing on m0n0wall, as the only
thing it reports is: "syslogd: sendto: No route to host".
Syslogd is startet on m0n0wall with the '-ss' parameter, that will prevent
syslog to log to any remote system. I have ofcourse changed this into
a known working solution(tested on my other FreeBSD box).
Also tried to force syslogd to bind to the internal ip-adress:
"syslogd -b <m0n0wall's ip-addr>"
but with the same result:
"syslogd: sendto: No route to host"
Tried to loosen up firewall rules, adding static routes, but still
the same...(I CAN ping the syslogd server from m0n0wall).
running out of options...am i missing the obvious here?

Suggestions are welcome!

Magne