[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans J King" <kingf1 at cs dot man dot ac dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Booting m0n0wall from a floppy disk
 Date:  Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:31:20 +0100
Is it possible to boot m0n0wall from a floppy disk? I ask because I've
just installed m0n0wall on the second hard drive of a two disk machine.
Unfortunately the crappy bios chokes and once the image is put onto the
HD it won't get past the HD auto detection.

So I was wondering if it was possible to modify the freebsd boot floppy
image (boot.flp) instead. Possibly by changing /boot/loader.rc so that
it picked up mfsroot.gz from the second HD instead of the floppy. Is
this possible and does anyone know the syntax.

Many thanks,

Frans