[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "P Lecheler" <lecheler at technologist dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Specifying additional deny rules for bogons, etc
 Date:  Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:50:45 -0500
It appears that I can only specify permit type access rules using the GUI.  How can I specify
'bogon' (unallocated ip addresses) in my rules
(http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-dd.html#dd-route-agg  for an example)?  This is a common
specification for most firewall type devices.  I have searched the mail archives and did not see it
discussed.  Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a way to deny WAN multicast addresses inbound (this
appeard to be taken care of by a broad deny rule)?

I'd also like to deny specific TCP ports from the LAN to WAN but can not figure out how to specify
deny.  Do I need to go into the base code and modify one of the php include files?  If so, which
one(s)?

Have I missed something about how to specify additional deny rules?  I see how we can negate parts
of the rules but this capability appears to be different than deny.

Tnx.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers