[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "JHead" <joggelichopf at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VMWare, Zywall and IPSec
 Date:  Tue, 9 Mar 2004 02:05:03 +0100
Hi
I just got in touch with m0n0wall and I'm completely amazed! We us it to
protect a ASP Solution. One one physical machine are multiple M0N0s running
in VMWare machines. It's working very well so far and I just can recommend
this solution for everybody who is looking for a simple firewall that needs
to be 'stackable' for multiple customers. If anybody is interested about
more detail, I'm reachable!

But even if 99% of our solution is working very fine I'm still having some
troubles with on thing. Does anybody have experiences with the combination
of a Monowall (fixed IP) and a Zywall (dyndns client) using LAN to LAN VPN?
Actually I'm not very experienced with IPSec and my little hope is to find
somebody here who has already realized our future configuration and can give
me a hint. I really don't understand the parameters in the IPSec
Configuration on both sides that I can create a match of these two boxes.

Here's the desired setup

OPT1 (10.1.1.0/24) -> MONOWALL ->WAN (fixed IP) --> Zywall ->Remote LAN
(10.1.2.0/24)

Rules:
OPT1 to Remote LAN (Port 9002)

Thanx a lot