[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] public IP on the lan interface?
 Date:  Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:49:56 -0500
Checking the 'Enable advanced outbound NAT' checkbox has the effect of
disabling all the default NAT rules so you can write your own.  If you
don't write your own, that means that NAT stays effectively disabled.

Go to the Web GUI.  Click 'NAT'.  Click "Outbound".  Click "Enable
advanced outbound NAT".  Click "Save".  At this point, NAT is effectively
disabled.  This feature already exists in the current version of m0n0wall.

Once NAT has been disabled, you can do "normal" routing between
interfaces.  There is a lot of flexibility in m0n0wall, just sometimes
you have to search the archive of this mailing list, and sometimes you
have to experiment to find what you need.  And sometimes, you just need to
check all the hardware when things aren't working like you expect.  *grin*

hope this helps,
jim gifford