Changed PCMCIA adapter from ISA to PCI. This made things a little better,
packet corruption does not occur on wi0 during high traffic no an0. Still
high pings during peak hour but reduced packet loss. Managed to get 2Mbit on
an0. wi0 no change.
To be continued...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Instigater" <bloo at sveiks dot lv>
To: "M0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 2:59 AM
Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall box unresponsive when using Bittorrent or
> I have found that this problem rises due to hardware bugs. Right now I
> one m0n0 box as experimental router. So here is my story.
> Box is router for real IP addresses on all networks. LAN, WAN and OPT1.
> is 100Mbit ethernet, WAN = Aironet 4800 BSS mode, OPT1 = Prism AP mode.
> Aironet is a PC card on ISA adapter, Prism is a PCI card. 32MB RAM and
> Pentium 133Mhz CPU.
> There was floppy based FreeBSD 4.8. Switched to m0n0 but without any
> success. Packet dropping starts when there is more than 1 Mbit traffic on
> Aironet and 1.5Mbit on Prism. During the experiments we found out that
> packett loss is not only present in loaded interface but also on free one.
> This box is not only client connected to different AP through aironet.
> There are 4 routers attached to uplink AP. Others are working nice. So
> that if they manage to generate about 3Mbit traffic this m0n0 box have
> times about 2000ms and 75% packet loss. Even on Prism interface rises ping
> and packetloss occures. Web interface becomes slugish.
> We believe that some memory address conflict persists in this box. Going
> change mainboard in a few days.
> To be continued... :-D