[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Comparative Products to M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:37:38 +1000
Hi Mark,

Actually, approximately 50% of the released SmoothWall patches have been
patches to fix broken patches that weren't tested properly before being
unleashed on the public.  Check the release notes and you'll see what I
mean.

Aside from this, SmoothWall/IPCop have significant differences to
m0n0wall in their target market.  How many Tel$tra BigPond Cable users -
for example - can use m0n0wall (none) versus SmoothWall (all)?  And this
is an Ethernet connection.  I'll admit that this is one thing I'm
seriously considering adding to m0n0wall myself, somehow, when I get the
time to look at the m0n0c0de a bit m0re.

Both of these products have ther place.  As do the other products out
there (except anything with a "Linksys" sticker on it).  I use and
recommend both m0n0wall and SmoothWall where appropriate.  And Cisco
boxes, and Checkpoint solutions, etc.  :)

Regards,
HiltonT

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/