[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Spieth" <mspieth at neod dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Comparative Products to M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:51:48 -0500
Which all comes back to my original statement.

the real issue is does monowall fulfill your security needs for the
price you pay for it.

Obviously if you can't connect it to the internet then it probably
doesn't meet your security needs. Of course m0n0wall is not the perfect
solution for everyone, as in the case with most software/Hardware/OS
issues. I guess my point was rather than look at features off all
similar products, one should properly ascertain what security points
need to be addressed and see if M0n0wall meets that list.

All too many times I see people buy things off a Feature List, and then
only to discover that either they never use most of the features or that
the added features provide many additional potential security holes.

As far as the SW patch list, I was making a generalization and I
apologize for any confusion or mis-information.