[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  "Barber, Patrick (MCI)" <patrick dot barber dash eds at eds dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Comparative Products to M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:14:29 +0000
And please don't quote SME Server as an example lol. It's not a firewall it's a
SME size server (new Contribs 6.01 release) with an unpatched insecure kernel,
old Apache, old Perl libraries and binaries, insecure architecture and poor
backup from the user community it now has. Put a firewall in front of it and
use Fedora Legacy and other sources to update as necessary (Dag's APT
repository rocks) but please - it's not a firewall.