[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  joshmccormack at travelersdiary dot com
 Cc:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Comparative Products to M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:19:53 +0000
Quoting joshmccormack at travelersdiary dot com:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, David Rodgers wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > It is not designed to fill these niches directly but indirectly it does
> > support almost ALL of them saving only dialup modem. Most people
> > seriously using ISDN or DSL in an enterprise environment would be using
> > it with a dedicated isdn/dsl router that would easily be able to hand
> > off to the firewall with ethernet.

David thats blatantly untrue sorry. You'd think that was the case wouldnt you
but its not. You'd think with the easy availability of ISDN routers from AVM,
BT, Cisco 1601s with ISDN BRI, Zykel and Eicon Diva externals that they would
have market share. You'd be wrong. Fact is there are more ISDN PCI devices on
the market than routers. By a factor of about 5. Thats based on the fact that I
know exactly what hardware every SW installed has. SW calls home securely and
reports minimal info on every single base install (e.g connection device and
method). But also based on relationships with Eicon going back 5 yrs and based
on their manufacturing and market intelligence.

Richard