[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  joshmccormack at travelersdiary dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Comparative Products to M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:24:17 -0600
I suppose I am an elitist scum/pig but I haven't used dialup since I was
16 ..... I would drive to the office to use the internet before I would
use dialup. I didn't mention USB dsl modem .... but that's because with
the 5 or 6 dsl providers that I deal with daily I have never been asked
to use a dsl router that doesn't have ethernet AND usb. In my case it's
irrelevant ... that doesn't mean it is for you it's just my world.

David

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 10:14, joshmccormack at travelersdiary dot com wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, David Rodgers wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > It is not designed to fill these niches directly but indirectly it does
> > support almost ALL of them saving only dialup modem. Most people
> > seriously using ISDN or DSL in an enterprise environment would be using
> > it with a dedicated isdn/dsl router that would easily be able to hand
> > off to the firewall with ethernet.
> >
> It can handle a USB modem? Interesting. Also, having dialup is nice. LEAF Bering supports them and
you can setup failover so if your primary connection dies it will kick in. Nice for continuity.