[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "vwbug" <vwbug at sc dot rr dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Static Routes
 Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:14:00 -0500
How do you get static routes to work? I am using m0n0wall v1 and have it successfully forwarding
HTTP requests to my web server and VoIP traffic to the Motorola VT1000v. m0n0wall is also providing
a semblance of QOS for my VoIP using the traffic shaper. The only thing I lack is being able to
connect to the VT1000v management interface from the LAN. My LAN IP address is the standard, the VT1000v management interface resides at I have created a static
route, Interface = LAN,  Network =,  Gateway = but I still cannot
connect. I have tried adding various rules, turning off "block private networks", and other things,
but no good.

Has to be something simple that I am overlooking.

m0n0wall ---- netgear switch-|------- PC (DHCP)
                             |--- WAP ( Static)
                             |--------Server ( Static)
                             |--VT1000v (LAN interface Static)
                             |--------|(Management interface in ROM

Hope the drawing is readable/understandable.

Thanks in advance.