[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "vwbug" <vwbug at sc dot rr dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Just Curious HTTP/VoIP
 Date:  Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:33:12 -0500
To allow access to my Webserver behind m0n0wall it was necessary to set NAT inbound rules to forward
the HTTP requests to my server IP, plus create a firewall rule to allow outside access to the
server. To enable my VoIP device all that was needed was to forward the ports with NAT inbound
rules. Why does Webserver access require the firewall rule, but the VoIP device not? Perhaps the
VoIP is originating all request and therefore some default rule is in effect?

Thanks to all involved in m0n0wall. Great product, and the price is right.

Steve