[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Per IP Logging
 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:07:19 -0500
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:47:27AM -0800, John Andrunas wrote:
> Is there anyway at all to get per ip statistics on who is using what
> kind of bandwidth and maybe what ports?

I don't know of a way to do this within m0n0wall.  However, you could use
a separate machine with something like this device:

    http://www.snort.org/docs/tap/

And run any software you want on the monitoring host to watch the
traffic.  This might not be the most elegant approach, but certainly
should be functional.

If there is a way to do this within m0n0wall (or via the SNMP interface),
I would love to learn about it.

I hope this helps,
jim