[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  h underscore reuver at mantell dot xs4all dot nl (Huub Reuver)
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  M0n0wall susceptible for DOS exploit FreeBSD 4.9?
 Date:  Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:29:29 +0100
Hello,
Since I have a server running FreeBSD 4.9 Release I more or less follow
the security advisories regularly.

Since M0n0wall 1.0 came out at 02-15-2004 there has been one advisory
about a remote DOS exploit. Is M0n0wall is also susceptible since little
direct TCP connections can be made? (My box does not accept connections
from the WAN interface, still it could be attacked from the inside.)

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-04:04.tcp.asc

With regards,
Huub Reuver