[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gorm J. Siiger" <gjs at sonnit dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Solved: Re: [m0n0wall] Performance problems: 'All mbuf clusters exhausted, please see tuning(7)'
 Date:  Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:57:56 +0100
> It would be nice to see some documentation on how Manuel creates the images,
> it would help me a lot .

I have solved my problem, and would like to share it with you. As you might
find yourselves in trouble.

I'm running the CD-ROM version, and that caused me some trouble in
customizing the installation.

So the steps to increase kern.ipc.nmbclusters from 1424 (standard) to 16384
I did: (from memory, there might be a typo)

1. attach the cdrom iso to a node
	vnconfig -c -v /dev/vn0 cdrom-1.0.iso

2. mount the image on /mnt
	mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/vn0 /mnt

3. copy the contents from /mnt to ~/root
	cp -Rp /mnt ~/root

4. change loader.rc in ~/root/boot
	add this line in the top:
	set kern.ipc.nmbclusters=16384

5. create the iso again
	mkisofs -b boot/cdboot -no-emul-boot -c boot/boot.catalog -d -L -f \
	-r -o m0n0wall.iso root/

6. boot your m0n0wall and check whith either netstat -m or sysctl

--
Gorm J. Siiger - SonnIT