[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gorm J. Siiger" <gjs at sonnit dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] smtp redirect
 Date:  Sun, 14 Mar 2004 08:57:56 +0100

> Just imagine a hotel with guests trying to send mail - all of them using
> there 'home net ' smtp server which should result in a relay access denied.

Most people on hotels use a VPN connection to their central mail-server, so
no point in redirecting their smtp traffic as you do see it.

Other people use smtp-auth and some encrypted smtp.

And if I was one of them and you redirected my smtp trafic to another
mail-server withpout me knowing it you would break the law !

So be carefull with the good intentions :)

> Instead just redirect all smtp traffic to own provider = all guests
> happy = less support needs
>
> Not strange - great service ;-D

There are more than one side of that story.

--
Gorm J. Siiger - SonnIT