[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "JHead" <joggelichopf at hotmail dot com>
 To:  "'Manuel Kasper'" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Serious amout of crashes
 Date:  Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:45:36 +0100
Hi Mono Comunity!!!

I'm running the m0n0 for 3 weeks now and unfortunately I experience really
bad availability due to non responsive state of the m0n0wall. The 'crash'
does neither affect the WebGui nor the the console. Everything looks pretty
ok except forwarding traffic! I caused the crash manually as I performed
data transfer of a big amount of data between two locally connected lans.
But also during the normal usage, forwarding connections to a terminal
server, the system hung.

Due to too basic knowhow within BSD I'm not able to troubleshoot the system
as I've been recommended. I really think, the problem could be solved with a
certain BIOS Setting or a Hardware configuration. I can't imagine, that
FreeBSD or m0n0 in general is not stable. BTW: After a reboot, using the
Reboot Function within the Webgui the FW restarted properly and was always
operational again without any reconfiguration ... until the next crash :-(.

If anyone wanted to have a look into some Status Pages I captured as I
noticed the crash, I posted them onto my website. http://www.grob.org/mono/

I really appreciate any help! If I can't fix it my customer will switch to
another solution and I invested I lot of time for nothing :-(. I hope I can
prevent him from that offering a stable solution. I'm really fascinated from
the m0n0 solution and I wish I could use it!

--raffi

PS: The public IP in the status.php dumps are replaced for security reasons.
But If anybody needs more information, I gladly send it!