[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Weston <fred dot weston at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  Dana Spiegel <dana at sociableDESIGN dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nocatsplash
 Date:  Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:46:47 -0500
Hi Dana, list,

  I should have specified what my intended use for this feature would
be, but you hit the nail on the head with your guess.  I'd like to use a
Soekris 4511 as a hotspot AP, it would be set up for various companies
in my local area that want to offer free WiFi to their customers.  My
reasons for wanting to use m0n0wall over Pebble (which is what I'm
currenlty using at home) are simplicity, and storage requirements.
Pebble requires at least 64 MB of storage where m0n0wall only required 8
last I checked.  You also need a linux box to install Pebble, which I
don't have, save for Knoppix.  m0n0 would just be much easier for me.

Sorry to have provoked a quasi flamewar.  :-/

Thanks for the responses.  :)