[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OT- Thread hijacking
 Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:09:39 -0500
I've noticed some people hijacking threads on this newsgroup.  Is it
really so hard to simply create a NEW message and send it to
m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch?  Those of us who's email clients support
threaded views really have issues with those of you who hijack those
threads.  I don't want to start a war, but this simple common courtesy
just seems so extremely easy to me.  New message versus a hijacked one.
Please, if I'm wrong here, let me know.

BTW, hijacking a thread hurts the hijacker too.  If I don't open a
thread because I don't know the answer, can't help, or just aren't
interested, I never see your message because you hijacked a thread I did
not open.  This could lead to your question going unanswered.

Those who don't know what hijacking a thread is, it's when you reply to
a message because you're too lazy to type in the email address at the
top of the new message, then change all the info including the subject
to suite your needs.  Since you replied to a message, it gets put in the
thread of the message you replied to, regardless if you change the subject.

Chris