[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 box freezes on startup
 Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:07:44 -0500
Ok, we'll need to see the messages leading up to the
swap_pager_getswapspace: failed message.

Does the machine recognize all 64M of RAM?  Does the kernel during boot?

Did you try setting the IDE device to CHS mode instead of LBA or Auto in
the system BIOS?

I have successfully run the cdrom version of m0n0wall on a Pentium/166
with 32M RAM, no hard drive, just cdrom and floppy, without any problems.

jim