[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brett Maxfield <maxfieb at spacenow dot net>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] config.xml with cdrom boot
 Date:  Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:10:38 +1000
Dinesh Nair wrote:

>>Possible, sure if you know how to hack it.  You'd be left with one major
>>problem, no way to make any changes to the config, other than hacking a
>>new config.xml onto a new CD image and burning it.  Seems quite
>>inefficient.
>
> you could hack it such that config.xml is read from a floppy.

I am thinking about this for when you have debugged and thouroughly
tested a config, and are reasonably sure it is not going to change in
the near future.

However it's always possible that you might have to make an emergency
change for some reason, in which case still being able to have a floppy
config would be great until you can get round to burning a cd with the
new config.

Cheers
Brett