[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Morrell <dick at dickmorrell dot com>
 To:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 Cc:  John Voigt <1geek at jvoigt dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hotspot Access Pages
 Date:  Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:19:27 +0000

> Where I work I am in a dark little room and I am not permitted to talk
> to customers, potential customers or the general populace.
>
> There just might be a good reason for that. :-)

David heres a tip. There are people on this list with really good security
qualifications and really good backgrounds. I'm not going to blow my trumpet
other than to say I've done my time in trenches and with 5m+ firewall installs
I'm here because I know more than you do and I'm here to share.

Please remember this is educational for some people. Get off the soapbox turn
capital letter putdowns into a thought provoking lesson or guidance session in
informative technobabble.

Don't shout - don't extrapolate and don't also assume we're all pigeon toed and
new to security :) Everyone will get along fine and you'll make friends and
influence people.

Life is an interesting journey - none of us stop learning. I'm the VP of
Internet Security for one of Europes largest ISPs now and I have like 4.6m+
customers on my platform and trust me - I never stop learning every single day.

So tread carefully and wear big shoes but take small conservative steps taking
care to backfill. Just don't be so quick to put people like John down. This is
a community. Start impressing upon yourself the need to respect that ideal.

Less volume :)

Dick