[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Solution: config.xml not found
 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:59:51 +0800 (MYT)
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> my earlier problem of not getting the bootup console messages on a NSC
> Geode GX1-S still remain (inspite of the Geode patches), but i've worked
> around this by using a serial console and specifying 'set
> console=comconsole' as the first line in m0n0wall's /boot/loader.rc.

the kernel in the net48xx image has been compiled with sio0 flags of 0x30.
this forces a serial console instead of a vga console, hence you will get
the observation i noticed above. one way of forcing a vga console is to
set the sio0 flags to 0x10 and recompile a kernel or use a kernel.conf in
/boot with the line 'f sio0 0x10' to change the flags.