[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Uli Wachowitz <uli at wach dash o dash witz dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  CF - no /boot/loader
 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:53:38 +0100
Dear all,

after successfully using m0n0wall on a PC in the CD version I tried
making it boot from a CF card using a CF/IDE adapter. Writing the image
(generic-pc-1.0.img) to the card went well and after same hairpulling
about the BIOS setting (CHS, PIO, DMA) the machine starts booting from
the card (primary master).

And here is my problem: It really only starts. It stops at this point:

No /boot/loader
Default: 0:ad(0,a) /kernel
boot:
No /kernel

I've searched the archive without success. Only found some issues about
some 'problematic' cards. Mine is a 'SanDisk 64 MB'. Might the card be
the problem or what else could I trie befor buying a new one?

--
Linux ist NOT complicated.
It is just very choosy about its user.

"GPG-KEY on demand"