[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Stats
 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:15:56 -0600
Brandon Holland wrote:
> What do you guys pair your m0n0 with to have traffic stats?
>
> I think I need them, I have reason to suspect there are certain high
> volume internet users that shouldn't be so high volume :'(
>

> Brandon Holland    (Brandon at Cookssaw dot com)
> Network Administrator
> Cooks Saw MFG, LLC ( <http://www.cookssaw.com/> www.CooksSaw.com)
>     "Leading the bandsaw Industry
>          by providing tomorrow's innovation today"
> 160 Ken Lane
> Newton, AL 36352  (Click
> <http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=newton&state=AL&address=160+k
> en+ln&zip=36352&country=us&zoom=5> for map)
>    Ph: 1-800-473-4804    [ (334) 692-5074 ]
>    Fax: (334) 692-3704

remote syslog (man syslogd.conf for details) and your choice of log
analyzer. here are some suggestions:

Sawmill
http://www.sawmill.net/features.html#10
Great commercial product, but can be free if you provide customer feedback

wflogs
http://www.wallfire.org/wflogs/
Lots of features; read
http://www.wallfire.org/wflogs/wflogs_vs_fwlogwatch.html for some examples.

fwanalog
http://tud.at/programm/fwanalog/
Shell script that parses and summarizes firewall logfiles. "fwanalog
uses the excellent log analysis program Analog (also free software) to
create its reports. It does so by converting the firewall log into a
fake web server log and calling Analog with a modified configuration."