[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Stats
 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:34:20 -0500
I've set up cricket to graph the SNMP stats it gets from m0n0wall.
Honestly though, the graphs aren't that useful.  It sounds like you want
a "top talkers" list, and cricket doesn't give that.  I doubt that MRTG
does either, considering their similar backgrounds and features.

You could build an ethernet tap to sit between the LAN and the LAN port
on the m0n0wall, and hook that to a machine running something like ntop
to get that kind of information.

ethernet tap: http://www.snort.org/docs/tap/

hope this helps,
jim