[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Nocatsplash
 Date:  Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:33:08 -0800
Just a thought...

> > Can be a bit difficult for all those hot-spot users that will
> be using the
> > network, no? :)
>
> Quite possibly, but I'd rather not have such a feature on a firewall -
> its use would be limited to only those few people in that situation, and
> would introduce another possible point of vulnerability for all users.
> I still think that an Internet, web server, or other would be more
> appropriate than some popup on the *firewall*.

In a time when there are more packaging managers than programmers (or so it
seems) Why can't we stop bickering about what a firewall is, and start
enabling people to do expansions they need.

As monowall is based on FreeBSD, does it support the standard package
manager functions?

If so, then instead of saying "NO" to features each of us may personally
find useless, and turning away those portions of a potentially larger user
community, why don't we encourage or support organized extension of the
existing platform?

What is common and in yours or my best interest today MAY change tomorrow -
I'd rather have one big project with lots of support and extendability as
needed than have hundreds of splinter projects so no one knows which
supports what.

just my 2 canadian pennies

m/