[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Stats
 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:30:43 -0500
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:51:26PM -0500, John Voigt wrote:
> http://mrtg.reston-wireless.net/
>
> Look at the higher numbered IPs for data.
>
> This is from a simple script that was posted and should be in the archives.
> It's very simple to hack into mono.

Is this the email you mean?

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=24&actionargs[]=36

You said right in that email that you hadn't added it to m0n0wall.

Having to manually set up ipfw rules for each and every IP address seems
like a lot of work.  :(

I think I'd rather do the ethernet tap, and do it outside m0n0wall, where
I can also run an IDS and other things as I choose.  I would rather *not*
have to keep hacking the stock image every time there is a m0n0wall
upgrade.

jim