[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Dana Spiegel <dana at sociabledesign dot com>, "Hilton at QuarkAV dot com" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nocatsplash
 Date:  Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:36:27 -0700
At 06:55 PM 3/15/2004, Dana Spiegel wrote:
>To be clear, in a sense what is being proposed by Mitch, and has been
>proposed and supported by me and a few others in the past, can be argued
>to be "appropriate" for your definition of what m0n0wall should include,
>since enabling secure routing of packets is a function of a "captive portal".

On the m0n0wall web site is a background statement that says "...I wanted
to create a complete, new embedded firewall software package...".

So, let's stop suggesting we morph this project into something else.

If you want to build services, and do it on a nice embedded box with a
webGUI, wander next door to m0n0wall and check out m0n0BSD.

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228