[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  Bosse Timothy <Bosse dot tf at mellon dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Hotspot Access Pages & modularity & so on.
 Date:  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:57:37 +0800 (MYT)
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Mitch (WebCob) wrote:

> be done, but as I said in a few of my emails, I think one of the key
> WEAKNESSES to free software is the willingness of the community to
> splinter over minor differences. With a package management system, and

hear, hear. i'd suggest we just reuse FreeBSD's packages system for this.
obviously, this would need some sort of permanent index of installed
packages, ala /var/db/pkgf or a full FreeBSD installation.

the m0n0wall webGUI however would need to accomodate the inclusion of new
config scripts and to dynamically incorporate this into the menu itself.
look and feel wise, gui.css has the style sheet for a common interface
look and feel. we'd just need to standardize on layout formats for the
pages, as well an nomenclature.

i'd be game towards contributing development time on this, both on the
FreeBSD side as well as on the php side of things, considering that i plan
on using m0n0wall extensively over the coming few months.