[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  DrumFire <dpphln at tin dot it>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ipfw and trafshow problem.
 Date:  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:03:13 +0000
Hi,

I've try to recompile kernel for a net45xx to add
options		RANDOM_IP_ID.

I gunzipped kernel.gz for a monowall image and launch this
command:

strings -n 3 kernel | sed -n 's/^___//p' > MONOWALL

to have a config file for a kernel, because this link
http://m0n0.ch/wall/index.html is broken.

I moved MONOWALL on my /usr/src/sys/i386/conf dir, insert
options RANDOM_IP_ID row, config ; make depend ; make to
rebuild kernel,ipfw.ko and dummynet.ko.

Then I've follow this step to gzip/strip kernel:

strip kernel
strip --remove-section=.note --remove-section=.comment kernel
gzip -9v kernel

Then I copied it and ipfw.ko,dummynet.ko into right place of
mounted mfsroot. I dismounted all, rewrite image on a Flash
Card, plugged it into net45xx, but now when I active traffic
shaping, ipfw starts with policy "default to deny" and my
Monowall box become isolated.

What's wrong?

I tried to insert also options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT but
I get the same result.

Secondo Question:

I copied trafshow on /usr/local/bin/ of a net45xx,
together libpcap.so.2 into /usr/lib, and try to modify
rc.initial to launch trafshow from console.
But it doesn't work. If I run it from exec.php, trafshow
give me error "Unknow terminal", obvious. So I think that
can be a terminal problem. How can resolve it?

Best regards.