[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Murphy" <barry at unix dot co dot nz>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Stats
 Date:  Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:10:59 +1300
If we had shell access, I have a script I use on all my box's that
remotely scp the crontab'd ipfw rules and generates a mrtg graph, plus
has a member login to show their usage for the month and how much they
have left according to their allocation. Currently I just use m0n0wall
as my wireless AP and wireless client to ISP on another location, but
force users to VPN into the server at 'base' which then does the ipfw
rules.

This is why it would be great to be able to set a gateway for dhcp
clients, I could then send them directly to 'base' without adding
additional 'fwd' rules via exec.php , or a function to add 'fwd' rules
in the 'rules' GUI would be excellent :)

I'm still running pb26r614 and havn't updated to version 1 yet as I
havnt needed to, plus the box on the remote location doesn't seem to
reboot properly via the web interface, so I am scared to do the update.
I'd have to drive to the persons site, hope they home and during this
time no one would have internet connection including me, all because
m0n0 freezez at boot with the si0 card (PC Card).

Barry