[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Hotspot Access Pages & modularity & so on.
 Date:  Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:47:12 +0800 (MYT)
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Mitch (WebCob) wrote:

> I've seen a variety of people interested in certain changes (admittedly
> not in everyone's best interest)...

which is why i think a pkg system works best. for those who need the
additional modules, they can just roll their own and include it into the
base images they get from m0n0.ch. this would prevent a fork of the main
m0n0 code base. eventually, if the package concerned is popular enough, we
could even then consider incorporating it into the base images.

> probably better served focusing on a package system than on a particular
> feature...

my thoughts exactly.

> Will let you know how things go...

please do.