[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Brett Maxfield <maxfieb at spacenow dot net>
 Cc:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Announcement: Package functionality under serious consideration!
 Date:  Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:09:00 +0100
On 20.03.2004 11:18 +1000, Brett Maxfield wrote:

> Outstanding idea, by the way :P
>
> What about config.xml, maybe there should be a niche carved ?
>
> <config>
>    ..existing
>    <plugins>
>        <plugin name="myplugin">
>            ..whatever
>        </plugin>
>    <plugins>
> </config>
>
> I'd suggest the whole <plugins> element be optional..

Well look, if you write your modules in PHP, you can easily include
m0n0wall's config.inc that will parse the whole configuration into
the global variable $config (see the other .inc files for examples on
how to use it), which you can manipulate and then later dump to XML
again with write_config(). You can put your options anywhere you want
- for example, each module could just do something like
$config['modules']['mymodule'] = array();
and then store everything in there. As long as no two people pick the
same module name (highly unlikely), there will be no problems. And no
need for me to change any code.

- Manuel