[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ISB GmbH (Peer Dicken)" <pd at isb dash gmbh dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Feature suggestion
 Date:  Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:32:42 +0100
Hi all,

during our test of m0n0wall we have seen many exciting things in this nice product. But, as with any
softwar, we've got a few points that _could_ be better.

1. Grouping
I've seen other products that feature the grouping of ports, for example the ports for
http,https,ftp,dns could then be grouped to "default-internet". The same can be done with Ip
adresses, e.g. grouping some IP's to a group named "LAN" or whatever. This is making life a little
easier.

2. Languages
Not every user of m0n0wall wants English language in the WebGUI. A translation to some other
languages would be cool. I'd be happy to contribute at this point.

3. Not to many features please :-)
I've seen recent discussions about modules for this-and-that, please, let monowall be a firewall, no
more no less. It's a fine product now - I'd feel sick if it would become a second ipcop...

Peer Dicken

ISB GmbH

58239 Schwerte

Telefax +49 (23 04) 98 32 47