[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Charles Toepoel <monowall at toepoel dot net>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  host records to override forwaders
 Date:  Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:39:23 +0100
Hi all,

After I insert more than 1 host record to point to hosts on my internal
lan, outgoing traffic is almost not possible. I'll explain a little bit
more.
I added several hostnames pointing to 1 specific host in my lan. This to
make several domain names available internaly (eg. www.domain.net ;
webmail.domain.net ; news.domain.net etc.)
Added some NAT rules for incomming traffic.
When I  add other hostname (and ip addresses) in the list to override
the dns forwarders, things like outgoing mail times out, dns lookups
fail etc.

On my workstations I point also the dns ipaddress to the monowalls ip
address.

Anybody an idea what I can do or whats wrong in this picture.

regards,

Charles