[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] adsl
 Date:  Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:27:18 +1000
Hi Barry,

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 13:32, Barry Mather wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could m0n0wall have a built in adsl client ??
>
> It just occurs to me that a lot of users could be using this with an
> extra adsl router box on the wan side of their m0n0wall.  What would be
> great is to have a pci adsl modem with m0n0wall doing the authentication
>
> I know FreeBSD can do it, so shouldn't be *too* difficult to make it
> work ???
>
> Great product tho

Aahhh - you mean a PPPOE client?  It has this already.  I have my ADSL
router/modem running in bridge mode, meaning that m0n0wall takes care of
the PPPOE, not the modem.

If you mean does it have PCI ADSL modem support, I don't think it does,
and I agree that this would be nice.

But PCI ADSL drivers are a very different thing from a PPPOE client.  :)

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/