[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bart Smit" <bit at pipe dot nl>
 To:  "ISB GmbH (Peer Dicken)" <pd at isb dash gmbh dot biz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: AW: [m0n0wall] Feature suggestion
 Date:  Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:41:07 +0100 (CET)
ISB GmbH (Peer Dicken) said:

> This is much easier to handle, because you only need to define
> groups of machines and services and then configure your rules.

In my opinion, you forget another important benefit: it can also
eliminate lots of duplicate effort if you have several network
interfaces for which you want to have a similar set of basic rules.
I usually do quite some cutting and pasting in the config.xml file
because maintaining rule sets over several interfaces is a bit
cumbersome through the web gui. Not really pleasant because of the
reboot after uploading the edited version...

--Bart