[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dean Dorman" <dmdorman at email dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] UPnP
 Date:  Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:23:01 -0500
>> One feature that seems to be missing in m0n0wall that appears in a lot
>> of home routers is UPnP support. I know its supposed to be insecure but
>> as an optional extra it would be quite useful for those of us that like
>> to chat (as in speak) over MSN. What's the likelihood of the FreeBSD
>> ports of projects like http://upnp.sourceforge.net/ working with
>> m0n0wall?

>Well, Linux-IGD (http://linux-igd.sourceforge.net/) is in ports, and it
>doesn't require the linux-base port or linux compatibility, so it seems
>feasible to me. I think that the limiting factor would be the size of the
>binary and it's dependencies. I'll give it a try on my 5.1 box and report
>back when I get a chance.

How has this worked out?   Is there a homebrew addon howto anywhere? Or will the homepage have
sufficient info to hack this feature in?
Just curious because I had tried smoothie for about a month because of the UPnP.  Worked great for
the first 2 weeks until I started getting random repeated and frequest reconnects.  Plugged m0n0
back in and am rock solid.  BUT I NEED MESSENGER VOICE!  eeeh.  hehe.  I feel better :)

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm