[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  'steven murphy' <murphy at imelectronic dot com>, M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Install on a soekris 4501
 Date:  Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:05:38 -0000
Hi Stephen,

Really there is very little to it.

You need:
Soekris net4501
Compact Flash card > 5 MB
Suitable CF adaptor for your PC (USB or IDE both work fine)

Get the relevant files:
net45xx-1.0 image from
http://m0n0.ch/wall/download.php?file=net45xx-1.0.img
physdiskwrite 0.4 from http://m0n0.ch/wall/physdiskwrite.php

Then follow the instructions at
http://m0n0.ch/wall/installation_embedded.php. Only bit likely to cause
problems is selecting the appropriate device, however this should be
reasonably obvious by comparing the C/H/S values and device names reported.

I've had two 4501s for testing purposes and found that there was no need to
change an settings in the BIOS for the standard net45xx m0n0wall image to
boot. The interface marked 'net0' is by the default the LAN with an
IP/subnet of 192.168.1.1/24.

As such I wouldn't worry too much about HyperTerminal or other terminal
emulators unless you are planning to modify the standard image or
experiencing boot problems.

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.